Look What I Found! Aloe Vera Juice!

So, as I was looking for mayo to make egg salad today, I came across a bottle of aloe vera juice I bought several months ago and only used once. The only reason I bought the aloe vera juice is because I saw other naturals talking about how well it moisturized their hair. I thought I just had to have it (I was in PJ mode at that time)!

IMG_3276I used the aloe vera juice in a water spritz I made once and had no complaints, but I just never used it again. Now, that I rediscovered this bottle, I plan on incorporating it in my hair regimen once I take these yarn twists out. Aloe vera juice has great benefits for hair, so I want to share them with you.

Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice

1. Aloe vera juice has great moisturizing properties, including proteins, vitamins, and amino acids. So much, that it is considered a natural conditioner and strengthener.
  2. Not only will aloe vera juice deeply moisturize dry brittle hair, it will leave your hair silky, shiny, smooth, and will eliminate frizz.
  3. Aloe vera juice helps to eliminate oily hair naturally without completely drying it out.
  4. Aloe Vera juice has enzymes that helps stimulate hair growth.
  5. These same enzymes help control dandruff and itchy scalp.

Ways to Use Aloe Vera Juice in Hair

1. Use as a pre poo - Try mixing aloe vera juice with your favorite oil (ie. olive oil or castor oil. Work it into your scalp and hair. Apply a shower cap and leave it your hair overnight. Shampoo the next day.
  2. Use in shampoo – Add some aloe vera juice to your favorite shampoo.
  3. Use as conditioner – Apply the aloe vera juice to your hair after shampooing, leave it in for 5-10 mins, then rinse.
  4. Use in daily water spritzes – Use aloe vera juice in place of conditioners in water spritzes or as a supplement to water. It's great for moisturizing without heavy build-up from products.
  5. Use in deep conditioners and leave-in conditioners- Add aloe vera juice to deep conditioners for an added moisture element.

Tip: Don't apply pure aloe vera juice directly to the hair and scalp and leave in for a long period of time. It will dry out your scalp and make your hair look super stiff. Make sure the aloe vera juice is mixed with an oil or water to dilute it.

I think I'm going to try all of these options in my hair. Why not? I have this special ingredient for all of the methods mentioned above to incorporate lots of moisture in my hair. I'll keep you posted on the results.

Comments

• says

My hair responds pretty well to the avj. It’s not crazy soft, but it’s pretty moisturized. I really use it when I have protective styles in. I add the avj to water, add castor oil and spray on my hair twice daily.

• says

Hi! To be honest, I have no clue. I don’t follow hair typing. My hair is thick and very tightly curled in the sides and back of my head. I have looser curls at the top.

• says

I know this is an old post, and I’m not sure if you still use this mix, but I found that it worked very well on mine and my dahtuger’s hair (I added glycerine and a few drops of jojoba oil). I would like to know though, what do you add to it to preserve the mix so that it doesn’t need to stay in the refrigerator?

1. says

I am so glad I found this article, even a year after I started making my biggest natural hair mistake. For all of that year, I have been using Aloe Vera juice alone in an attempt to moisturize my hair. Today was a great day to find this, because I'm out of my daily spritz and making up another batch (did I mention I've been drying out my family's hair too

2. says

It’s hard to find your website in google. I found
    it on 12 spot, you should build quality backlinks , it will help you to get more visitors.

I know how to help you, just type in google – k2 seo tips and tricks

3. says

Compare free internet moving quotes and choose the best full service
    moving companies based on services & price. If you purchase from a
    store, should you pay for delivery. Another reason to
    choose a major moving company is that they usually have affiliates located throughout
    the country and even around the world, which makes a van line service an even more desirable option if you are moving long
    distance.

Here is my web-site :: cloud storage companies 2014

4. says

Closing the last half mile to Bay Shore, the “Lauren Kristy” swallowed gulps of the now oily-black water with its bow,
    seeming caught in a sea-and-sky void presently pierced
    by the pinpoints of light defining the approaching coast ahead and the 7.
    It has become the quintessential social event of
    any pre-game festivities and, what was originally
    an underground subculture, is now part of the mainstream sports atmosphere.
    Could I ask the Sheriff for trespass tickets and reveal my pettiness.

Review my web blog :: restore deck coating coupons

5. says

I was excited to find this page. I want to to thank you
    for your time for this particularly wonderful read!!
    I definitely really liked every bit of it and i also have you book-marked to check
    out new information in your site.

6. says

These findings are from performing a back two back grow
    off with a pal for our personal evaluation of LED lighting, we each employed identical topic, related environment, etc and so forth, I used a 400watt HPS
    & my buddy employed a 250watt LED panel.

Trackbacks