So, as I was looking for mayo to make egg salad today, I came across a bottle of aloe vera juice I bought several months ago and only used once. The only reason I bought the aloe vera juice is because I saw other naturals talking about how well it moisturized their hair. I thought I just had to have it (I was in PJ mode at that time)!
I used the aloe vera juice in a water spritz I made once and had no complaints, but I just never used it again. Now, that I rediscovered this bottle, I plan on incorporating it in my hair regimen once I take these yarn twists out. Aloe vera juice has great benefits for hair, so I want to share them with you.
Benefits of Aloe Vera Juice
- Aloe vera juice has great moisturizing properties, including proteins, vitamins, and amino acids. So much, that it is considered a natural conditioner and strengthener.
- Not only will aloe vera juice deeply moisturize dry brittle hair, it will leave your hair silky, shiny, smooth, and will eliminate frizz.
- Aloe vera juice helps to eliminate oily hair naturally without completely drying it out.
- Aloe Vera juice has enzymes that helps stimulate hair growth.
- These same enzymes help control dandruff and itchy scalp.
Ways to Use Aloe Vera Juice in Hair
- Use as a pre poo - Try mixing aloe vera juice with your favorite oil (ie. olive oil or castor oil. Work it into your scalp and hair. Apply a shower cap and leave it your hair overnight. Shampoo the next day.
- Use in shampoo – Add some aloe vera juice to your favorite shampoo.
- Use as conditioner – Apply the aloe vera juice to your hair after shampooing, leave it in for 5-10 mins, then rinse.
- Use in daily water spritzes – Use aloe vera juice in place of conditioners in water spritzes or as a supplement to water. It’s great for moisturizing without heavy build-up from products.
- Use in deep conditioners and leave-in conditioners- Add aloe vera juice to deep conditioners for an added moisture element.
Tip: Don’t apply pure aloe vera juice directly to the hair and scalp and leave in for a long period of time. It will dry out your scalp and make your hair look super stiff. Make sure the aloe vera juice is mixed with an oil or water to dilute it.
I think I’m going to try all of these options in my hair. Why not? I have this special ingredient for all of the methods mentioned above to incorporate lots of moisture in my hair. I’ll keep you posted on the results.